What is the history of the lot?
In 1927, Mr James Ewart gifted the City of Perth the land at 15 Haynes Street in North Perth. The City of Perth used the land as a park and registered a caveat on the Title in 1941 to make sure it was always used as a park.
When the land was given to the City of Vincent in 1995, it had already been built on and was no longer being used as a park.In 2019, the City uncovered the history of the property and to respect the intended use of the land, we would like to turn the area into public open space again.
Read more about James Ewart