What this policy covers
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is regulated by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. You can find more information about your privacy rights at the Privacy Commissioner's web site: http://www.oaic.gov.au.
What personal information we collect
We collect information from you when you register to use this site. This includes your email address and additional demographic information as provided by you on the registration form.
Please note that you are able to browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without signing up.
The content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here.
We collect information about your usage of the site, such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
How we use the information we collect
We collect this information in order to:
- your feedback may be published in a collated spreadsheet/as an attachment to a report, however, it will be completely anonymised with all identifying information removed or redacted;
- analyse and interpret it to help meet our objectives and obligations;
- communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives; and
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
While no online service is completely secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take all reasonable measures to do so.
Requesting access or correcting your personal information
Subject to applicable local laws and regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- to access your personal data and to rectify any inaccuracies within that personal data;
- to request for the erasure of your personal data residing with us;
- to request your personal data in portable, machine-readable format; and
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of their personal data.
If you wish to contact us to with a request relating to personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information.
In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.